Opportunities for leadership and external participation in a broad range of activities increase as students enter the middle school years. In addition to our music and sporting opportunities, students may participate in a range of programs that are actively supported by the school community.
- Debating - is offered to students in Years 5 & 6 with the opportunity to participate in competitions agains local and state and private schools.
- Chess - is offered to students from Years 1 - 6 and they compete in local competitions each term.
- Optiminds - Ascot State School has a proud history in the Optiminds competition and wont the National Award in 2015.
High Achievers Program - highly capable Year 6 students are invited to Kelvin Grove State College on Wednesday afternoons to participate in a range of subjects including English, Mathematics, Drama, Visual Arts, Science and Design Technology.
- STEM Science - selected students with an interest in STEM are invited to participate in a STEM challenge at Aviation State High School.
- SPARQed (University of QLD Partnership) - for students in Years 5 & 6 to work alongside scientists.
- Mini Thinkers Festival - for high achieving students in Years 3 & 4 in a range of areas including Writing and Coding.
- Ascot's Got Talents - in term 4 each year, students from Prep to Year 6 are invited to nominate for a performance to be identified.