In 2013, the Ascot State School community and staff collaboratively decided to become an Independent Public School (IPS). As an IPS school we have greater autonomy in decision making processes to enhance student learning.
In 2014, the Ascot State School Council was formed. The council members include the Principal, P & C President, two elected staff, two elected parents plus two appointed community members.
Current School Council members
- Michelle D'Netto, Principal
- Murray Davis, P&C President
- Cindy Keong, Staff member
- Jen Thomas, Staff member
- Lauren Daley, Parent member
- Ashley Busse, Community member (Chairman)
- Mr Francis Carroll, Parent member
- Katrina Murphy, Community member
A few facts about the Ascot State School council
- The School Council approves, advises and monitors the strategic direction of the school.
- The School Council’s role is to support administration and staff to ensure the best learning outcomes for our students.
- All members of the School Council volunteer their time i.e. are not remunerated.
- The School Council is open and approachable.
- The School Council does not employ or recruit staff.
- The School Council will meet 4 to 6 times annually to drive the strategic direction of the school.
- Every two years there are nominations sought for the election of two staff and two parent positions.
We value your input
The School Council invites ‘traffic light’ suggestions from both staff and parents/carers. This correspondence will be tabled at each meeting. We want to hear what it is the school does well (green), what it can improve (orange) and what really needs attention (red). Just as the school community collaboratively decided to become an IPS, we need to work together to improve Ascot and ensure our children have bright futures with endless opportunities. Please email email@example.com to submit your suggestion. Thank you for taking the time to do this.